Assistant Director, Operations
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.
Assistant Director, Operations
The Guarini Institute
To manage the Off-Campus Programs fiscal and budget processes and to serve as a liaison with on-campus fiscal officers and accountants, and off-campus program partners for a variety of administrative and financial matters.
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Department Contact for Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Financial & Operations Management (60%)
- Develops, monitors, and maintains budgets for off-campus programs and performs related accounting functions.
- Regularly liaises with Arts & Science Finance Center, Controller, Procurement, Financial Aid, and other central administrative offices, to interpret and apply college policies and procedures to international program operations Initiates payments in support of off-campus program operations and performs all necessary accounting transactions. Coordinates all contractual, tax, and compensation matters relating to academic off-campus Programs. Assumes a lead role in the negotiation of leases, contracts and financial agreements. Manages banking relationships in foreign countries.
- Provides assistance to faculty leading off-campus programs in the areas of budget execution, accounting and financial matters, procurement of travel arrangements, etc.
- Develops and performs routine and ad-hoc financial analyses relating to the financial and budget operations of off-campus programs.
Program & Participant Support (30%)
- Assists with administration of program operations, ensuring the smooth coordination of efforts between academic departments, Institute staff, customized program providers, and local hosts. Makes recommendations for adjustments to program operations based on relevant standards and feedback from key stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains information for students and their parents about the pre-departure logistics and financial requirements of participating on off-campus programs
- Works with academic departments to ensure pre-departure and on-site orientation programming meets established standards for good practice and student needs; helps develop and organizes health and safety orientations/panels for students.
- Advises and helps pace the agenda and work of the Institutes' Student Advisory Board.
- Assists the Executive Director with student health, disciplinary, and accessibility case management issues, working collaboratively with staff in the Dean of Faculty and Dean of College areas. Provides support in dealing with crises and emergencies.
- In the absence of the Executive Director, provides feedback and advice at the Committee on Off-Campus Activities ( COCA ) and other college committee meetings, as needed
- Liaises with other university study abroad and exchange program offices in the area of financial and operations management.
- Represents Dartmouth College at meetings, conferences, and other functions on matters related to academic off-campus program activities.
- Contributes to the professionalization of the Institute by recommending topics for staff development
- Maintains liaison with local, regional, and national higher education and study abroad professional organizations to keep abreast of developments in the study abroad.
-- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others. -- Performs other duties as assigned