Cutting Room Associate – 1st Shift
MSA, The Safety Company
Cutting Room Associate - 1st Shift
Job ID: 2020-4380
# of Openings: 4
Category: Operational Excellence
Globe Manufacturing, an MSA Safety company, is in search of Cutting Department staff. In this role, you will work in a fast paced environment where you are counted on to spread fabric, cut the fabric to specification, perform quality inspection, prep and bag materials. If you would like to be part of team that supports the beginning operations of our turn out gear, apply now!
The hours of this temporary to hire position are 6:00 AM - 2:30PM Monday thru Friday and OT 1 Saturday a month /12 month schedule.
Globe invented firefighter turnout gear 130 years ago. Today we still delivery the most advanced, best fitting, and longest lasting protection for first responders. Our Stitching team consist of individuals performing sewing and non-sewing operations as we convert specialty cut fabric into high quality turnout gear.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spreading fabric on one hundred foot tables
- Cutting fabric into pieces using a GERBER Cutter
- Placing cut goods on rolling racks
- Prepping material for other areas of production
- Bagging goods
Special knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Able to speak, read and write English
- Have basic knowledge of computers or tablets
- Able to use and understand a ruler and measurements
- Must be able to stand/walk for full shift
- Able to assist in team lifting of approximately 30 pounds.
- Strong organization skills and high attention to detail
- Previous experience in Quality Control and Inspection desirable
MSA is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to providing a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination.
As such, it is MSA's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of the person's age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, race, religion,
gender, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran's status, genetic information, political affiliation, disabling condition,
or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. MSA also makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform a job unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation to assist you in navigating this career site, let us know.Contact Us MSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.