Industrial Engineer Intern
MSA, The Safety Company
Industrial Engineer Intern
Job ID: 2020-4260
# of Openings: 2
Category: Operational Excellence
Globe Manufacturing is seeking Industrial Engineer Interns. In this role you will be working alongside experienced engineers, co-ops and interns have a unique opportunity to apply their academic learning to products that protect lives in communities around the world. Operations industrial engineering interns will gain hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment, interacting with the people who put physical shape to our products.
- Conduct video based time studies utilizing TimerPro software package.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing, statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, and project information to optimize operational excellence.
- Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency, using drafting tools and computer.
- Implement methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and defective or damaged parts, and assess cost and responsibility.
- Estimate production cost and effect of product design changes for management review, action, and control.
- Analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives of finished product.
Special knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Knowledge of time studies
- Methods analysis and improvement
- Bill of Material and process routing maintenance
- Layout work (equipment and work station) using SketchUp and AutoCAD
- Cost analysis and reduction
- Process evaluation and improvement
- Lean, Kaizen, 6S and Value Stream Mapping activities
- Basic experience with data analysis, methods and graphing
- Creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Tools, with a special emphasis on Excel and Access
Education and experience required:
- Student should be pursuing a Bachelors in Industrial Engineering, or other relevant Engineering discipline, from an ABET-accredited program, and have completed at least one semester of Sophomore year before beginning this co-op
MSA is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to providing a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination.
As such, it is MSA's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of the person's age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, race, religion,
gender, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran's status, genetic information, political affiliation, disabling condition,
or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. MSA also makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform a job unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation to assist you in navigating this career site, let us know.Contact Us MSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.