Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally protected group.
To collaborate with faculty, students, and staff in support of a multi-university research group (see SPLICE-project.org); to coordinate the production and organization of group materials (documents, website, equipment, software, data); to coordinate group meetings and activities; to track group activities and outcomes.
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Part Time
Department Contact for Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is funded by a grant. Continuation is based upon available funds.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Documentation and reporting (approx. 10%)
- Assists in the preparation and writing of documentation, research papers, patent applications, grant proposals, and grant reports.
- Responsible for preparing blog postings and maintaining web sites describing research projects.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting group activities, such as papers published, patents submitted, software released, presentations delivered, students engaged, media attention, and educational outreach.
Research support (approx. 50%)
- Assists in the organization and logistics of research meetings with on- and off-campus collaborators.
- Assists in the planning and organization of group activities, including research retreats and online events.
- Assists in establishing and managing an experimental "smart home" research lab.
- Assists in purchasing and managing software, hardware and supplies for the research group.
- Responsible for maintaining group bibliographies, mailing lists, and websites.
Outreach support (approx. 20%)
- Assists in the planning and organization of summer schools and education/outreach activities.
- Assists in outreach to industry advisors and organization of industry advisory-council meetings.
Communication and professional development (approx. 10%)
- Develops and maintains an understanding of current trends in the broader industrial ecosystem related to the research project by attending workshops and reading trade literature.
- Develops understanding of diverse cultures through employee education programs.
- Communicates respectfully to a diverse community.
Performs other duties as assigned. (approx. 10%)
Works with a moderate level of supervision.
Willing to work some evenings and weekends.
-- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others. -- Performs other duties as assigned.